Because our community’s safety is our highest priority and in recognition of growing concerns about the spread of COVID variants and breakthrough infections, FilmColumbia 2021 will need to be different. To bring you this year’s festival, the Crandell Theatre board of directors has adopted the following health protocol for the duration of the festival, October 22 through 31, 2021:
- Seating capacity reduced by 50 percent to provide for buffered seating.
- Tickets for each film (including the Sneak Peek) sold online with seats selected at the time of purchase. Remaining tickets for individual films available at the box office 30 minutes prior to screening.
- All-Film Passes not available.
- To enter the theater viewers need to show proof of full vaccination, along with a valid I.D.
- Crandell staff and volunteers required to be vaccinated.
- Masks required to be worn at all times by filmgoers, staff, and volunteers.
- Children under 12 not vaccinated may attend accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult. Children must also wear masks.
- Anyone who does not comply with the health protocol will not be admitted to the theater or will be asked to leave.
“Fully vaccinated” means it must be at least two weeks after receiving the second the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or at least 14 days after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine of any of the following FDA or WHO authorized vaccines: Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Moderna, or Astra-Zeneca.
Proof of vaccination may include a CDC-issued Vaccination Record Card, a legible digital copy of the card from a smartphone, or the New York State Excelsior Pass [link: epass.ny.gov], paired with your photo ID. Both of these items must be presented for admission in person when you arrive at the theater. Results from COVID testing will not be accepted. Patrons will not be permitted inside the facility without proof of vaccination.
Please have your proof of vaccination and photo ID ready at the theater front door for staff/volunteers to check and grant access to the building and arrive 30 minutes prior to show time.