Posted on June 2, 2021; Updated July 30, 2021
Update on Crandell Theatre Covid Precautions
With concern growing over the Delta variant, we want to remind you:
- Ticket purchase includes seat selection which automatically buffers each patron or party on all sides.
- Masks are required indoors except for when patrons are seated.
- To avoid congestion at our small concessions stand, we currently are not offering any popcorn, candy, or beverages. Patrons may bring their own water. Otherwise outside food and drink are not allowed. We look forward to opening concessions when it is safe to do so.
- The theatre is aired out by opening all four emergency exit doors for at least 10 minutes before each show.
- Staff wipe seat armrests, counter tops, doors and restroom fixtures with sanitizer solution before and after each show.
Thank you for your cooperation.
We will continue to monitor the situation in Columbia County closely and make any adjustments accordingly. Your safety is our highest priority.
Although New York State has lifted Covid-19 restrictions for movie theaters, the Crandell wants to ensure that our community feels as comfortable and safe as possible as we welcome patrons back to the theatre. Therefore, rather than checking each visitor for proof of vaccination, we are taking a more cautious approach by asking that our patrons and staff adhere to the following guidelines for the time being and be aware of the steps we are taking to ensure everyone’s health, safety, and security. As the situation regarding Covid continues to improve, we expect to be able to lift these restrictions in the coming weeks. Please check back before your next visit.
What has changed
- Seating is at full capacity (424 in the auditorium)
- Once tickets are purchased, the seating system will automatically create a social distance buffer around seats purchased for an individual or group
- HVAC filters have been upgraded with high MERV-rated filters
- Before and after each screening, staff will open the four emergency exit doors at the front and rear of the theater to increase outside air circulation
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building for guests and staff.
- All Crandell staff have been fully vaccinated
- Staff are provided with and required to wear face masks that cover the mouth and nose.
- Staff will be consistently cleaning the restrooms and common areas between movies with a focus on high-touch areas such as doors, handles, and armrests.
- No concessions will be served at present time
- Once tickets are purchased, the seating system will automatically create a social distance buffer around seats purchased for an individual or group.
- If you arrive before the theater doors open, please socially distance in the lobby and outside the theater. Floor decals are marked throughout the building to assist all with 6’ social distancing guidelines.
- Patrons are required to wear face masks that cover the mouth and nose throughout the building, except when seated inside the theater.
- If you feel uncomfortable when you get to the theater, you can ask for a refund.
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms, have been in contact with anyone known to have been exposed to or tested positive for Covid-19, please cancel your visit to the theatre – we will fully refund your order.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if we can provide any further assistance before, during, or after your visit.