The Crandell Theatre is working to ensure the safety of our members and patrons during the current Coronavirus threat. Our Executive Committee is adding defense and preparedness measures to our Emergency Action Plan. These measures are being developed consistent with local and state public health officials.
While there is no immediate local threat, we are all aware of the probability that COVID-19 will continue to spread throughout New York State over the coming weeks. Our precautionary measures include the following:
- We are providing easy access to tissues in the theater for people to use to cover their mouths during coughing or sneezing.
- There will be plenty of handwashing soap in the bathrooms. Please wash your hands before eating and/or drinking. As all hand sanitizer brands are currently out of stock in stores, feel free to bring your own.
- We are using disinfectant wipes and cleansers on all box office and concession stand surfaces, bathroom surfaces, and door handles or plates.
- We are providing patrons with disinfectant wipes for cleaning arm rests on individual seats.
We encourage patrons and expect Crandell staff to follow the CDC advice on preventing the spread of this virus:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. (See CDC website for maximum safety handwashing protocol)
- If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, which should then be discarded.
- Use disinfectant wipes or sprays on frequently touched surfaces in your home and car.
- Avoid shaking hands or embracing friends.
- Avoid touching your mouth or face.
Lastly, any members, patrons or staff who are exhibiting symptoms of a cold, cough, fever or otherwise feeling ill, are respectfully requested to stay at home. If you have recently traveled by airplane, please allow a two week symptom-free period before returning to the Crandell Theatre.
In addition, New York has established a Novel Coronavirus Hotline, which can provide additional information. Call 1-888-364-3065 with questions or concerns about travel and symptoms.
The Crandell Theatre Board of Directors